Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Life is too short, eat the Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich!🤍🍦🤎
When the world declares July 7th as the day that we must eat chocolate and celebrate its existence, then I’m most certainly not going to disagree, especially when it involves sandwiching together Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Brownie Ice Cream.
200g dark chocolate
140g unsalted butter
150g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
1. Melt dark chocolate and unsalted butter in bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted leave to one side to cool down.
2. In another bowl whisk together light brown sugar, caster sugar, 1tsp vanilla and 2 large eggs until the mixture is light and mousse like.
3. In a final bowl whisk together plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and ½ tsp salt. Optional: add a tsp of coffee powder to deepen the chocolate flavour.
4. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs and sugar and carefully fold it through then add the flour mixture and gently fold it together with a spatula until just incorporated.
5. Drop 12 tbsp of brownie batter onto two prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes until the tops have cracked then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
6. Meanwhile, combine two litres of vanilla ice cream with 150g chopped up brownie pieces (or some extra brownie cookies). Pour the mixture into a Brownie tin and smooth the top, then leave the ice cream to freeze for 4 hours (or overnight).
7. To serve, going one at a time, use a circle pastry cutter slightly smaller than the cookies to cut out an ice cream portion. Place the ice cream on top of one brownie cookie and then sandwich another on top and push it down.
8. Serve these immediately or place into a container and freeze until required.