Classic Vegan Chocolate Tartlets
- 60g Vegan butter
- 125g Gluten Free flour
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 110g Vegan chocolate
- 125ml Plant based double cream/Coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Vegan butter
- Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Berries (optional)
- Gold Sprinkles (optional)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180°c/356F and grease and flour your tart tins.
- Start by mixing together your flour and sugar, then add the vegan butter and rub the butter into the flour until it reaches a crumb consistency.
- Finally, pour in your water gradually while mixing until it comes together into a dough.
- Then roll the dough between 2 sheets of cling film or on a floured surface. Using the top of the tart tin, make an indent in the pastry, so you have the perfect amount of pastry for your tart.
- Carefully move the pastry and place it onto the tart tin, and press the dough into the crevices.
- Next cover the pastry in a sheet of greaseproof paper and top with baking beans, to prevent the dough from rising as it bakes. Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove the tarts from the oven, and carefully pour the baking beans back into it’s container and remove the grease proof paper. You'll notice the bottom of the pastry won't be completely baked, so we'll be baking the tarts for a further 5 minutes, without the baking beans.
- Simply heat the cream in a saucepan for around 2 minutes on medium heat until it begins to simmer slightly. You may also microwave the cream instead for a minute.
- Chop the chocolate and place it into a bowl, then pour the cream on top. Allow it to sit for a minute before stirring, to melt the chocolate.
- Then stir until both are fully incorporated. Add in the butter and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the ganache to a piping bag and pipe onto your cooled tartlets.
- Decorate with chopped nuts, gold sprinkles or fresh berries.
- Finally, set the tarts in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set. Then slice and enjoy!