Festive Pesto Christmas Tree Tear and Share
This holiday season we are celebrating by making a huge festive Christmas tree tear and share bread with vegan pesto.
After last Christmas spent pretty much in lockdown, we are so excited to bake and share this bread with friends – everyone that’s tried it so far absolutely loved it!
- 125 ml unsweetened plant milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- 60 ml olive oil use light olive oil
- 400 g strong white bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 120g green (vegan) pesto
- 1 tbsp unsweetened plant milk
- vegan parmesan (optional)
FOR THE BREAD DOUGH
- Add warm plant milk and water to a large mixing bowl.Then add sugar, yeast, olive oil, flour, and salt.
- Bring together all the ingredients and knead for approx. 10 mins.
- Cover and let riseat room temperature for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Cut dough into thirds, then roll out every third into a triangle shape.
- Use a spoon to spread pesto equally across the surface of the first triangle.
- Cover with the second triangle and add pesto again.
- Then cover with the final third and cut into a tree shape.
- Twist each tree branch to create a twirl.
- Brush the entire tree bread with the glaze.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for at least 45 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C (fan oven) for approx. 25 minutes until golden on the outside.
- Once baked, top it off with some optional vegan parmesan.