Flourless Chocolate Cookies
We've got *such* a treat for you today. These Flourless Chocolate Cookies are seriously THE BEST cookies I’ve ever tasted. They’re gooey and fudgy and absolutely overloaded with chocolate.
We have basically used it as an excuse to test the limits of how much chocolate you can stuff into a single cookie. And the results are GLORIOUS. Plus, they’re super easy to make!
(Makes 14 sandwich cookies)
140g unsalted butter
4 medium eggs, room temp
300g caster sugar
60g Dutch processed cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
100g chocolate chips
200g chopped dark chocolate
200g double cream
1. Pre-heat the oven 350°F/180°C and line 3-4 baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Melt together the chocolate and butter, then cool until warm.
3. By hand or using a stand/hand mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick, pale & fluffy (the ribbon stage).
4. Add melted chocolate and whisk until combined.
5. Sift in the cocoa powder and salt, and whisk until you get a smooth, glossy batter – it will be quite runny.
6. Chill in the fridge for about 6-8 minutes, until slightly thickened – it should still be fairly loose, like very thick brownie batter.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips.
8. Use a 2 tablespoon ice cream/cookie scoop to portion out the cookies. Make sure to leave enough space around them on the baking sheet as they will spread out during baking.
9. Bake for about 8-9 minutes, until slightly puffed up. Immediately out of the oven, you can use a round cookie cutter to nudge the cookies into a round shape.
10. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Make the ganache by pouring hot cream over the chocolate, then stir together until smooth & glossy. Chill the ganache until thick enough to pipe. Assemble the sandwich cookies. Enjoy!