Gingerbread Orange and White Chocolate Biscuits
Enjoy your homemade Orange and White Chocolate Gingerbread cookies with a cup of tea or coffee. The zesty orange and sweet white chocolate add a delightful twist to traditional gingerbread, making them a perfect treat for the holiday season.
Happy Christmas friends! May the season be the best yet for you and all your loved ones!
100g unsalted butter
70g brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp treacle
Zest of 2 oranges
1 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp bicarbonate or soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
240g plain flour
100g white chocolate
1) Melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup, treacle and orange juice together. Once melted and smooth, add in the bicarb and stir through.
2) Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, then whisk in the spices and orange zest.
3) Tip in the melted ingredients and mix together until combined. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for at least 2 hours.
4) Once chilled, roll out the dough about 3mm thick and stamp out the biscuits, rerolling and stamping to use all the dough. Place the cutouts on a lined baking tray, spacing them apart slightly, then pop in the freezer. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F whilst the biscuits chill.
5) When the oven has preheated, place the chilled biscuits in the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes (the smaller ones need less time than the larger ones) until firm around the edges and slightly soft in the middle. Cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6) Melt the white chocolate and place in a piping bag with a no.2 writing tip. Pipe melted chocolate along the edges and in the grooves of the biscuits, then leave to set. Enjoy!