Lemon and blueberry muffins
A quick and easy recipe! Zesty flavorings and bursting with fresh blueberries.
- 220g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 115g butter (softened)
- 100g caster sugar
- 50 light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120g sour cream (room temp.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 60ml whole milk (room temp.)
- 200g fresh & 50g frozen blueberries
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling on top
Tala Performance 12 Cup Bun Tin
- Preheat your oven to 220°C and line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake cases.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together (flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and salt).
- With a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand held mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add the eggs into the mixture one at a time and beat well between each addition. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest on a medium speed until combined.
- On a low speed, add the dry ingredients and milk into the wet ingredients and beat until no flour pockets remain. Coat the blueberries in a bit of flour to prevent sinking and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Using an ice cream/cookie scoop, place the batter into the liners, filling all the way to the top. You might have enough for 1-2 more muffins. Sprinkle Demerara sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins at 220°C for 5 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 175°C and bake for a further 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tray for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack or enjoy them warm.