Lemon Cream Puffs
Prep time:15 mins
Bake time: 10 mins, plus cooling time
320g chilled ready-made puff pastry
300g lemon curd
300ml double cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut it into 12 equal rectangles. Transfer to two 35 cm x 25 cm baking trays lined with greaseproof baking paper.
- Whisk the egg with a fork and brush the pastry rectangles with it.
- Bake for about 10 mins until puffed and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Put the cream, vanilla and icing sugar in a medium mixing bowl and whip with an electric whisk for few mins. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with any noozle of your choice.
- Split the pastries in half crossways and fill each with lemon curd first then top with whipped cream.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!