Lemon Curd Tartlets
- 115g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 50g sugar
- 120g plain flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 125ml lemon juice
- 75g unsalted butter - cubed (room temp)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- First make your tartlet shells. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then mix inthe vanilla. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press the chilled dough into the tartlet pans and place on a baking tray. Refrigerate again for 30-60 minutes. When there is 15 minutes left, preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Bake the shells for 15 minutes until golden.
- Whilst the tartlets are cooling in their pans, make the lemon curd.
- In a pan on the hob, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice until combined. Then, turn on a low heat and whisk until the mixture begins to thicken, this should only take a few minutes.
- Gradually add the cubes of butter to the pan and whisk until melted in before adding more. Add in your lemon zest and cook, whilst continuously whisking, on a low heat for 10 minutes,until the curd has thickened.
- Whilst warm (not hot), pour the curd into the cooled tartlet shell and tap against the counter to remove air bubbles. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, decorate with raspberries and meringue pieces.