Mexican Street Corn
Flavours from Mexico, Elotes Mexican street corn
● 110g finely crumbled feta cheese plus extra to serve
● (60ml) mayonnaise
● (60ml) sour cream or Mexican crema
● Finely chopped coriander leaves and tender stems
● ½ teaspoon ancho or guajillo chile powder, plus more for serving
● 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
● 4 whole corn on the cobs
● 1 lime, cut into wedges
● Preheat the grill to a high temperature, approx 200C
● In the mixing bowl, whisk together the cream or crema, mayonnaise, coriander, garlic, chilli powder, lime zest and lime juice. Taste and season with salt if needed, then set aside.
● Place the corn directly under the grill, and grill for about 3 minutes, or until kernels begin to turn golden brown and look charred. Turn over and repeat. When all sides are browned, remove from the grill onto the enamel roaster.
● Using a brush or a spoon, coat each corn cob with the crema mixture and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Sprinkle with additional chilli, if desired. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.