Mini Dutch Pancakes
Prep time 10 mins, plus 1 hour resting time
Cooking time 20 mins
375ml full-fat milk, lukewarm
25g unsalted butter, melted
350g plain flour, sifted
75g caster sugar
7g fast-action dried yeast
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
25g unsalted butter, to grease the pan
Maple syrup or honey
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar and yeast and mix. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the milk, butter, egg and egg yolk. Whisk until well combined.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Grease and heat up a frying pan.
- For each pancake, spoon a big tablespoon of batter onto the pan. You should be able to fit 6 pancakes at a time. Make sure to leave some space between them.
- Cook until the surface of the pancakes starts to bubble then flip with the help of a spatula and cook for another min.
- Arrange the pancakes on a serving plate. Dust with some icing sugar. Drizzle with some maple syrup or honey.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and raspberries.