Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes
These beautiful Mini Sponge Cakes are light, delicious and easy to make. Fill with vanilla buttercream and fruity jam and top with fresh strawberries.
Prep time 20-25 mins, plus cooling time
Bake time 18 mins
Tala Set of Five Measuring Spoons
Tala Performance 12 Cup Bun Tin
Tala Originals Pink Cupcake Cases
225g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
3 large eggs
1&1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
225g plain flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
2-3 tbsp milk
5-6 tbsp strawberry jam
150g unsalted butter, softened
300g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
4 large strawberries, cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Line 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Beat the butter and sugar using an electric whisk, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined, then mix in the milk.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases and bake for about 18 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Make the filling. Beat the butter until smooth and creamy, then gradually add the icing sugar and vanilla. Beat for few mins then beat in the milk.
- Cut each mini cake in half.
- Spread the buttercream over the bottom of the mini cakes. Top it with a large teaspoon of jam. Sandwich with the other halves of the mini cakes.
- Decorate with some buttercream swirls and fresh strawberries.