Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers
● 200g beef mince combined with 200g beef mince
● 80g mozzarella
● 2 brioche buns
● 1 large tomato
● Salad leaves of your choice
● 100g mayonnaise
● Juice of ½ a lemon
● Bunch of fresh basil
1. Heat up your barbecue - Wait until coals turn white and smoke has reduced before cooking.
2. Whilst waiting for your barbecue to heat up, slice your tomatoes, mozzarella and brioche buns and make the mayonnaise - put the basil into a pestle and mortar and bash until a paste forms, then mix through the mayonnaise and add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Season the mince with salt, pepper, garlic granules and paprika and divide into 4 even sized balls. Flatten each ball and place a thick slice of mozzarella in between two patties, pinch to seal the edges and shape into a burger - you shouldn’t be able to see any cheese.
4. Cook the burgers on the barbecue for about 10 minutes. Once cooked to your liking, toast the buns on the barbecue and make up your burger. Enjoy!