No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
● 300 g Digestives biscuits
● 150 g Butter (unsalted)
● 750 g Cream cheese
● 100 g Icing sugar
● 1 tsp Vanilla extract
● 300 ml Double cream
● 450g Fresh cherries (pitted and destemmed) + 50g for decoration
● 1 tbsp Warm water
● 1 tsp Lemon juice
● 2 tsp Cornflour
● 2 tbsp Caster sugar
1. Crush the biscuits using a rolling pin and a sandwich bag until they resemble fine, sand-like crumbs. Melt the butter and then combine with the biscuit crumbs.
2. Press the mixture into a 20cm round tin lined with parchment paper and refrigerate.
3. To make the filling, in a large bowl whisk together your cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until soft peaks form and then gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Add the mixture to the biscuit base and spread evenly using a spatula. Place the tin back into the fridge whilst you make your cherry glaze.
5. Whisk the cornflour, lemon juice, and warm water together in a small bowl until combined.
6. Place the cherries and sugar in a pan over medium heat. Stir continuously for a few minutes until the cherry juices begin to release, squash the cherries with a spoon to break them apart, then add the cornflour mixture and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Once the mixture has thickened, remove from the heat and pour through a sieve. Let the mixture cool slightly and then swirl it through the cheesecake, leaving behind some of the cherry glaze to coat your decoration cherries. Place the cheesecake in the fridge, covered with tinfoil, for at least 6 hours.
8. Once the cheesecake has set and you are ready to serve it, glaze the remaining cherries and place on top for decoration. Then cut and enjoy! x