One Pot Creamy Miso Pasta
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 white onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
150g mixed mushrooms (roughly sliced)
75g tenderstem broccoli
1 heaped teaspoon miso paste
250g rigatoni pasta
600ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to season
170ml single cream (dairy-free if required)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (dairy-free if required)
1 teaspoon of flaked almonds to garnish
1. Begin by heating the tala saucepan on a medium heat and adding the olive oil.
2. Once hot add the diced onion and cook for 5 minutes or so until the onion softens and begins to turn translucent.
3. Next add the garlic, mushrooms and broccoli. Combine and cook for a few minutes before adding the miso paste and combining again.
4. Now add the pasta, vegetable stock, single cream and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Combine and leave to simmer allowing the pasta to cook. Stir every 5 or so minutes.
5. After about 15-18 minutes the pasta should be cooked and soft and most of the liquid absorbed.
6. Add the lemon juice and parmesan and combine. Leave to simmer for a couple of minutes before serving. Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top along with some additional parmesan should you wish.