Another wonderfully colourful bake for you to try at home! These rainbow Smarties cookies are here to brighten up your day and put a smile on your loved ones faces too.
- 265g plain flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted room temperature butter (softened, not melted)
- 150g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 100g crushed smarties + 70g whole smarties (plus extra for the tops of the cookies)
- Whisk the flour, cornflour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat softened butter until creamy.
- Add both sugars and beat on medium-high speed until creamy and combined, scraping down the sides to incorporate everything.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Pour in the crushed and whole smarties and mix until combined. Once combined, cover the cookie dough and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a regular cookie/ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and roll into a ball, arrange on the tray, evenly spaced apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and gently press a couple of smarties into the tops of each cookie and leave on the tray for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.