Spiced Christmas Cookies
Spiced Christmas cookies are a delightful treat that embodies the warm and cozy flavors of the festive season.
Prep time 1 hour, plus cooling time
Bake time 10 mins
Makes 2 big ones and 25 small ones
420g plain flour
130g caster sugar
250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
Ready to roll fondant
Food colouring of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, the salt and the spices.
- Fold in the flour and mix until you make a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Roll out the cookie dough on a lightly floured surface to 0.7mm thick.
- Using the Christmas cookie cutters cut out your cookies.
- Place the cookies onto 2 large baking trays, lined with greaseproof baking paper, leaving some space between them.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for about 10 mins.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool down completely.
- Decorate the cookies using fondant or royal icing or both and sprinkles.
- Let dry completely before serving.