Tala Marble Bundt Cake
● 400g unsalted butter (softened)
● 400g caster sugar
● 8 eggs
● 400g self-raising flour
● 2 tsp baking powder
● 60g cocoa powder
● 2 tsp vanilla extract
● 2-4 tbsp whole milk
● 30g unsalted butter
● 60g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
● 200g icing sugar
● 2 tablespoons boiling water
Tala Performance Fluted Cake Tin 26cm x 9cm
1. Heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan.
2. Beat together the butter and caster sugar using a stand or hand-held electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs two at a time, beating and incorporating well between each addition.
4. Then add the flour and baking powder and beat until just combined.
5. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls - beat in the cocoa powder to one of the mixes, adding spoonfuls of milk when needed to loosen the mixture. Mix in the vanilla extract to the other mixture.
6. Prepare the bundt tin using a non-stick spray, making sure all of the surface has been covered, use a pastry brush to get into the grooves. Sprinkle lightly with caster sugar.
7. Alternatively dollop spoonfuls of the mixture into the tin and then use a skewer to swirl the marble pattern through the cake. Do not over swirl otherwise you will lose the marble effect.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and place a clean tea towel over the top for 10-15 minutes. Then, tease the edges, including the middle hole, with a knife or spatula.
10. Whilst the cake is still warm, turn it upside down onto a cooling rack, the tin should come off with ease. Leave until cooled completely.
11. Once the cake has cooled, make your chocolate drizzle by melting together the chocolate and butter in a microwave or Bain Marie.
12. Once the mixture is fully melted and combined, gradually sift in the icing sugar whilst adding spoons of the boiling water to form the desired consistency. The mixture should be thin enough to drizzle but thick enough to hold its shape.
13. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the bundt cake, then cut into slices and enjoy!