Tala Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
Prep time: 20 mins
Bake time: 25 mins
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus some extra for greasing the oven dish
175g soft light brown sugar
3 large eggs
100ml double cream
75ml hot boiling water
1&½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
175g plain flour, sifted
75g cocoa powder, sifted
Icing sugar, for dusting
Ice cream, to serve
- Beat together 125g of sugar and the butter.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addiction.
- Add the flour, 50g of cocoa powder and the baking powder and mix.
- Finally add the double cream and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish, previously greased.
- Add the remaining sugar, the remaining cocoa powder and the hot boiling water into a small bowl and mix until the cocoa and sugar are completely dissolved then pour it over the chocolate cake batter.
- Place the ovenproof dish into a deep roasting tin then fill the tin halfway through with hot boiling water.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C/gas mark 4 for about 25 mins
- Dust with some icing sugar then serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.