Tennis Ball Cupcakes
Prep time: 45 mins
Bake time: 18 mins
175g plain flour, sifted
100g caster sugar
3 large eggs
100ml vegetable oil
25 ml milk
1 &1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
250g mascarpone cheese
200ml double cream
100ml condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Green food colouring
Ready to roll royal icing
Yellow food colouring
- After colouring the fondant, roll it out on a working surface covered with a bit of icing sugar, this way it won't stick. Cut out twelve 5 cm disks. Use some white fondant to make some lines so that the disks will resemble tennis ball. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas4.
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for about 18 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To make the frosting beat together the mascarpone cheese, double cream, condensed milk, green food colouring and vanilla extract with an electric whisk.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a noozle of your choice.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a fondant tennis ball.