Vegan Pumpkin Spice & Chocolate Sticky Toffee Pudding
We have whipped up the ULTIMATE dessert we can’t stop thinking about - this pumpkin spice & chocolate sticky toffee pudding! Enticingly soft and flavour-rich, our autumnal take on this traditional dessert is just the thing for a cosy, chilly evening! Best served warm with a sticky caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
50ml unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
150ml boiling hot water
1 tea bag of black tea
180g pitted soft dates
1 tsp baking soda
60g dairy-free butter
40g dark brown soft sugar
2 tbsp black treacle
150g self-raising flour
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or mixed spice)
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
40g dark chocolate
220ml coconut milk
90g dark brown soft sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp black treacle
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C .
2. Warm up almond milk and boil a kettle.
3. Create your flax eggs by combining 5 tbsp of boiling hot water and ground flaxseed.
4. Add the teabag to 150ml of boiled water and set aside.
5. Place your dates in a bowl. Add tea, milk, and baking soda. Set aside for 20 minutes to soften.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk butter, sugar, and black treacle until smooth.
7. In another bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, mixed spice, cinnamon, ginger, salt).
8. Return to your date mixture. Use a hand mixer or blender to blend it until smooth.
9. Add the date mixture, lemon juice, and flax egg to your butter mixture. Whisk well.
10. Slowly add your dry mixture to your wet ingredients.
11. Add chopped dark chocolate to your mixture. Fold in gently until it's evenly distributed through the mixture.
12. Spoon your mixture into greased muffin tins.
13. Bake at 170°C for 30 minutes.
14. In a small saucepan combine coconut milk, sugar, salt, and black treacle. Bring to a simmer.
15. Simmer until desired consistency.
16. Remove puddings from the oven and leave to cool. Serve the puddings with warm sauce and vegan vanilla ice cream.