Father's Day Breakfast
Start Fathers' Day with a bang this year with these fabulous muffin-size All Day Breakfast specials! Little hands will love prepping the ingredients - just make sure there is a grown-up helper on hand for the chopping and grilling. Serve with a glass of orange juice, a mug of tea, and a bottle of Daddy's sauce!
Ingredients for two All-Day Breakfast Muffins
2 free-range eggs
2 rashers smoked bacon
1 cherry tomato
1 slice wholemeal bread
4 slices of cooked sausage
Freshly ground black pepper
Basil leaves to garnish (optional)
- Use your fingers to generously grease the holes of the bun tray with vegetable oil.
- Grill the bacon lightly until cooked but not browned and blot away the excess water with kitchen paper. Set aside. Then grill the sausage in the same way and leave to cool with the bacon.
- Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, (392 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Toast the bread, then cut out two circles of toast using the 65mm circular cutter. Press the circle into the bottom of the greased bun indentation (the circle should be slightly bigger than the bottom of the hole).
- Slice the sausage into 5-10mm thick slices and trim the bacon lengthways to a width that is slightly taller than the wall of the bun tin hole – don't worry it doesn't have to be exact and kitchen scissors will make the job very easy!
- Place the bacon into the hole, curling it around to make a wall around the sides to make a cup shape, making sure there aren't any really big gaps between the toast and the bacon.
- Crack the egg into a ramekin and then carefully pour it into the bacon cup. Place two slices of sausage and half a cherry tomato on top and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on how runny Dad likes his yolks).