Banana and Chocolate Chips Bread and Butter Pudding
1 brioche loaf, sliced
300ml full-fat milk
300ml double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 whole medium eggs
2 egg yolks
3-4 tbsp caster sugar
60g unsalted butter, softened plus extra for greasing
80g dark chocolate chips
2 bananas, sliced plus 2 to decorate
2 tbsp demerara sugar
Tala Performance Dessert Spoon
Tala Indigo and Ivory Small Enamel Tray
Tala Performance 16cm Saucepan
1. Generously grease an ovenproof dish about 25cm x 20cm x 5cm.
2. Heat the milk, cream and vanilla together in a medium saucepan to just below boiling point.
3. In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, yolks and caster sugar.
4. Slowly pour the warm milk mixture over the eggs, stirring constantly. Set aside.
5. Butter both sides of the brioche slices and arrange them in the dish.
6. Arrange the 2 sliced bananas and chocolate chips between the brioche slices.
7. Pour the custard over the brioche and leave to soak for 30 mins.
8. Cut 2 bananas lengthwise and place the 4 halves over the brioche.
9. Sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
10. Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C fan for 50 mins.