Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 400g fettuccine tagliatelle
- Knob of butter
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 300ml double cream
- 150g parmesan
- Salt and pepper to season throughout
- Begin heating the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Meanwhile, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, add in the chicken thighs and cook until golden brown and cooked through, this should take between 5-10 minutes on each side. Then shred and leave to the side.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add in the pasta - cook as per packet instructions but save some pasta water at the end.
- Using the same pan, melt the knob of butter, then turn the heat down slightly and add in the crushed garlic, continue to move the garlic around the pan so it does not burn. Once the garlic is smelling fragrant and has a golden colour to it, add in the double cream and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sauce has thickened slightly, add in most of the parmesan (save a little for garnish) and mix until combined and melted and a thick sauce has formed.
- Then, add in the drained pasta and the shredded chicken, along with some pasta water to loosenand mix to combine. Once served, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and a crack of black pepper. Enjoy!