Chocolate Brownie Christmas Trees
A festive twist on a classic tea time treat! These decadent fudgy chocolate bakes are great fun and super easy to make. Walnuts add delicious crunch but you can replace with nuts and dried fruits of your choice, if you want to, just replace like for like (with the same weight).
150g dark chocolate
2 x free-range eggs
150g caster sugar
75g plain flour
2 tsp vanilla
Pretzel sticks (or candy canes)
White chocolate for drizzling
Icing sugar to dust (optional)
Edible gold leaf to decorate (optional)
Tala Performance baking tray (25x18x2cm)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan (338 degrees Fahrenheit fan).
- Place the butter and chocolate in the saucepan and melt over a low heat. Stir until smooth and glossy. Leave to cool slightly for about five minutes.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl, then add to the butter and chocolate mixture and stir.
- Fold in the flour followed by the walnuts.
- Pour into the lined baking tray, level with a mini palette knife and bake for 12-15 minutes (or less time if you like your brownies really squidgy).
- Allow to cool, then cut the bake in half lengthways, then cut each half into triangle shapes.
- Insert a pretzel stick or candy cane into the base of each triangle to make a tree trunk.
- Place some melted white chocolate into a disposable piping bag, snip off the end and drizzle over each brownie tree to decorate! If you are feeling extra decadent, gently press a little edible gold leaf onto each tree.