Chocolate Raspberry Ripple Easter Cake
Delicious chocolate and raspberry Easter cake!! The best combination of flavours.
9” Springform Cake tin
225g of Unsalted Butter
225g of Caster Sugar
4 Medium Free Range Eggs
225g of Self Raising Flour
50g of Good Quality Cocoa Powder
70g of Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
For The Chocolate Buttercream:
250g of Unsalted Butter (At room temperature)
500g of Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees and grease and line a 9 inch cake tin.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until smooth and pale.
- Gradually add the eggs.
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder, and fold until fully incorporated into your cake batter.
- Spoon your cake batter into your prepared cake tin.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, break down your raspberries, then swirl the raspberries through the cake batter. I used my silicone spatula by Tala to do this.
- Bake in the oven for 45 - 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely before removing from the cake tin.
- To prepare your buttercream beat your butter for 3-5 minutes, until pale. Gradually add your icing sugar and cocoa powder. Once you’ve added your icing sugar beat for a further five minutes until light and fluffy. If your mixture is a little stiff add a little milk to loosen your buttercream.
- Cover the top and the sides of your cake with the buttercream and then using your large (spatula knife), smooth the edges of the cake, then the top, and remove any excess buttercream from the top of the cake.
- Finally, decorate your cake with all your favourite Easter goodies.