Creamy Pancetta and Spring Vegetable Risotto
Superior 20cm Deep Saucepan with Helper Handle
Stainless Steel Serving Spoons
1 tbsp olive oil
200g smoked pancetta
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
350g risotto rice
1.5 litres hot chicken stock, made with 2 stock cubes
1/2 lemon, juiced
300g frozen peas
100g baby leaf spinach
100g Parmesan, grated
Black Pepper, to serve
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan. Fry the pancetta until crispy, then remove, leaving the oil in the pan and set aside.
- Add the diced onion, and fry until softened (around 8 minutes) then add the minced garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and allow the oil to coat it. Stir for 1 minute before adding in the hot stock ladle by ladle, allowing the rice to absorb the stock after each addition. This will take around 25-30 minutes.
- Keep adding the stock and stirring gently until the risotto is creamy in appearance and the rice is al dente. You may not need to add all the stock.
- When adding the last ladle of stock, add the frozen peas and cook for a final 5 minutes until the rice and peas are cooked.
- Grate in two-thirds of the Parmesan, add the spinach and crispy pancetta and stir until spinach has wilted.
- Serve in pasta bowls and garnish some cracked black pepper and the rest of the Parmesan.
Creamy Risotto with Veggies