Crispy Tofu Orzo Salad
For the Crispy Tofu:
2 ½ tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic granules
375g extra-firm tofu (cubed)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the rest
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 spring onions (finely sliced)
Generous pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Handful of fresh basil (chopped)
150g sugar snap peas (chopped)
¼ cucumber (sliced and quartered)
1 large handful of fresh spinach (finely sliced)
300g orzo (dried)
½ vegetable stock cube
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts to serve
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 180c.
2. In your Tala glass storage add the cornflour, smoked paprika and garlic granules. Add the lid and shake to combine.
3. Remove the lid and add the cubed tofu and olive oil. Place the lid back on and
shake vigorously ensuring the tofu is evenly coated in the mixture.
4. Empty the tofu onto your Tala baking tray and then place into the oven for 20
5. Meanwhile cook the orzo to packet instructions, crumbling the vegetable stock
cube into the water as it cooks.
6. In your Tala stoneware mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients starting with the olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, dried oregano, sliced spring onions, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and chopped basil. Combine well.
7. Add the chopped sugar snap peas, diced cucumber, chopped spinach and
cooked orzo. Combine well.
8. Top with the cooked crispy tofu, add an extra drizzle of olive oil and top with
the toasted pine nuts. Serve and enjoy.