Festive Pesto Christmas Tree Tear and Share
This Festive Pesto Christmas Tree Tear and Share makes for a beautiful centerpiece and a delicious appetizer for holiday celebrations. Enjoy!
- 125 ml unsweetened plant milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- 60 ml olive oil use light olive oil
- 400 g strong white bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 120g green (vegan) pesto
- 1 tbsp unsweetened plant milk
- vegan parmesan (optional)
FOR THE BREAD DOUGH
- Add warm plant milk and water to a large mixing bowl.Then add sugar, yeast, olive oil, flour, and salt.
- Bring together all the ingredients and knead for approx. 10 mins.
- Cover and let riseat room temperature for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Cut dough into thirds, then roll out every third into a triangle shape.
- Use a spoon to spread pesto equally across the surface of the first triangle.
- Cover with the second triangle and add pesto again.
- Then cover with the final third and cut into a tree shape.
- Twist each tree branch to create a twirl.
- Brush the entire tree bread with the glaze.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for at least 45 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C (fan oven) for approx. 25 minutes until golden on the outside.
- Once baked, top it off with some optional vegan parmesan.