Gingerbread Cheesecake Recipe
This gingerbread cheesecake is perfect for the holiday season or any special occasion where you want to impress your guests with a rich and spiced dessert.
● 200g Digestive biscuits
● 100g gingerbread biscuits
● 1 tsp ground ginger
● 150g unsalted butter (melted)
● 750g cream cheese
● 100g icing sugar (plus extra for dusting)
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 300ml double cream
● 2 tsp ground ginger
● 2 tsp ground cinnamon (plus extra for dusting)
● Giant gingerbread biscuit snowflake (for decoration)
1.Crush the biscuits using a rolling pin and a sandwich bag until they resemble fine, sand-like crumbs. Then combine with melted butter and 1 tsp ground ginger.
2. Press the mixture into a loose-bottom round tin lined with parchment paper and refrigerate.
3.To make the filling, in a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until soft peaks form and then gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Add the mixture to the biscuit base and spread evenly using a spatula. Place the tin back into the fridge and chill for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
5.Once set, place the giant gingerbread snowflake in the centre and dust with cinnamon icing sugar (mix equal parts cinnamon and icing sugar together). Then, slice and enjoy.