Honey Ghost Cupcakes
Prep time: 30 mins
Bake time: 18-20 mins
175g plain flour, sifted
75g corn starch, sifted
125g unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
50g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2&1/2 teaspoons baking powder
250g mascarpone cheese
300ml double cream
50g icing sugar
3 tbsp honey
Black food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas4.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all the dried ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dried ingredients and whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake for 18-20 mins.
- To make the frosting beat together the mascarpone cheese, double cream, honey and icing sugar with an electric whisk.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Dip a ball fondant modelling tool in the black food colouring then draw eyes and mouths on the cupcakes frosting.