Jelly and Custard Biscuit Dessert Pots
● 300g digestive biscuits (crushed/blitzed)
● 150g unsalted butter (melted)
Tala Lever Arm Terrine Jar 250ml
Tala Performance 20cm Classic Saucepan
● 100ml double cream
● 350ml whole milk
● 2 large egg yolks
● 1 ½ tbsp cornflour
● 50g caster sugar
● ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
● 300g strawberries (hulled and sliced) + extra for garnish
● 40g caster sugar
● 1 tbsp lemon juice
● 2 gelatine leaves
1. Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the clip top glass jars. Then place in the fridge and leave to set for at least 2 hours.
2. To make the jelly layer, put the strawberries and sugar in a pan with 50ml water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the liquid.
3. Strain the strawberry mixture through a sieve, then add the gelatine and mix together until combined, add the lemon juice. Leave to cool for about 30 minutes and then pour evenly into the glass jars and allow to set in the fridge. This should take anywhere between 3-5 hours.
4. Now make the custard. Place the cream and milk into a pan and gently bring to just below boiling point. Meanwhile, whisk together the the egg yolks, cornflour, sugar and vanilla in a large heat-proof bowl. Gradually pour the hot milk mixture onto the sugar mixture, whisking constantly.
5. Pour the mixture back into the pan. Heat gently, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the custard is thick. Leave to cool slightly and then divide the custard evenly between the containers and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
6. Decorate with leftover crushed biscuits and strawberry pieces.