Prep time: 15 mins
Bake time: 20 mins
- 150g unsalted butter
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 50ml lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Add the chocolate and the butter to a medium non-stick frying pan. Let the chocolate melt over a low heat.
- Add the sugar and mix until it has completely dissolved.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well with the help of a spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and mix.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the mixture into a 25 cm x 18 cm baking tray, previously greased with butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 for about 20 mins.
- Let cool down completely.
- In a small mixing bowl combine together the icing sugar and the lemon juice.
- Pour the glaze over the cake.
- Grate some lemon zest all over it.
- Let the glaze dry out before portioning it into 12 squares.