Monster Brownie Cookies
These cookies are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and are sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a special treat for yourself.
200g dark chocolate
125g unsalted butter, diced
150g caster sugar
100g light brown sugar
2 large eggs
130g plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder (We like dutch processed)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (plus flaked sea salt for sprinkling)
1 pack Edible eyes
- Line two Tala Performance Baking Sheets with Tala Cooking’s Siliconised Baking Liners and preheat your oven to 180C / 160C fan / 350F.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan and gently simmering water. Allow to melt, stirring until fully melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or using an electric hand mixer, whisk together the eggs and sugars, on medium-high speed, for 5 minutes until their pale, frothy and double in size.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and mix for a minute or so to combine using Tala Cooking’s Silicone Spoon Spatula.
- Meanwhile mix together the dry ingredients, sieving the cocoa powder into the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix very briefly just until combined. Use your spatula to give one last mix, scraping the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined. Leave for 5 minutes – the batter will look wet but after 5 minutes it’ll seize a little.
- Use a 50g scoop to measure out balls of dough. Invert onto your baking tray, making sure to leave plenty of space between each cookie as they will spread.
- Add two edible eyes to each cookie and bake for 16 minutes until crinkly and flattened.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 30 minutes before removing to Tala Cooking’s Non-Stick Cake Cooling Rack to cool completely.
Note: These cookies will keep for 4-5 days but are best eaten within the first 3 days.