Pastel Pink Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Create these delicious pastel pink cinnamon rolls, perfect for spring!
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour (+ 3tbsp later on)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 packet instant active dry yeast
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 vegan egg (aquafaba)
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
For the icing:
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp vegan cream
- Pink food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add the flour, yeast and pinch of salt to your large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter, milk and caster sugar. Microwave for 45 seconds or until the butter has melted.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry along with the vegan egg and mix until a dough ball forms. Continue to mix until the dough becomes more elastic. Gradually add the remaining 3 tbsp of plain flour so that the dough isn’t too sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow the dough to rise for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. You should aim to roll the dough so it measures 10 x 16 inches.
- Spread the softened butter on top of the dough.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle on top of the butter.
- Roll the dough horizontally, making sure you roll it tightly and form a log shape.
- Cut the roll into 8.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with some vegan butter. Place the cinnamon rolls in the dish.
- Turn the oven OFF. You need the oven to be warm, but we don’t want to cook the cinnamon rolls at this point.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and place in the oven to allow the cinnamon rolls to rise for 30 mins.
- Remove the tin foil and turn the oven back on at 180C.
- Bake for 25-39 mins or until golden.
- Make the icing by combing the softened butter and icing sugar. Gradually add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spread the icing on top of the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!