Quick and Easy Cinnamon Puff Pastry Swirls
These cinnamon puff pastry swirls are a delicious, flaky, and sweet treat that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
● 1 sheet ready made puff pastry
● 130g light brown sugar
● 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
● 70g unsalted butter (softened)
● 1 egg (egg wash)
1. Roll out the pastry sheet and go over with a rolling pin very lightly to stretch it slightly.
2. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and butter to form a smooth paste. Spread this over half of the pastry and then fold the plain half over the top (like a closed book).
3. Use the rolling pin to gently roll over and seal it together.
4. Cut 8 equal strips lengthways, twist the strip and then roll into a tight circle, tucking the end underneath.
5. Place onto a lined baking tray and cover with egg wash.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 12-15 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and is a light golden colour.
7. Once cooled slightly, dust with cinnamon or icing sugar and enjoy!