This Reindeer Bark recipe is a festive and delicious holiday treat that combines the flavors of chocolate, pretzels, and other goodies!Enjoy.
Makes 10-12 reindeer shards / pieces
300g dark chocolate
200g white chocolate
A few drops red food colouring
1 pack Edible eyes
1 pack of chocolate candies (separate the red ones out)
1 small pack plain salted pretzels
Red satin ribbon, to finish
- Line one Tala Performance Baking Tray with a Tala Siliconised Baking Liner.
- Place the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water. Allow to melt, stirring until there are no lumps left. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Repeat step 2 with the white chocolate. Once the white chocolate has completely melted, divide between two bowls. Add a few drops of red food colouring to one and mix until your chocolate is a pinky red colour and there are no streaks.
- Pour the dark chocolate onto the prepared baking liner and tray, spreading to the edges in a thin layer using a silicone spatula.
- Using a spoon, dot alternative spoonfuls of pink and plain white chocolate onto the dark chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to swirls all the different coloured chocolates together to create a marble effect.
- Add the red chocolate candies for the reindeer noses, two edible eyes above each nose and finish with pretzel halves for the antlers. Repeat until you have 10-12 reindeers dotted over your marbled chocolate. Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set, remove from the fridge and leave for 10-15 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature. Then using a sharp chef’s knife, carefully cut lines around your reindeers to separate them and create your bark.
- Place 2-3 pieces of bark in Tala’s Snowflake Treat Bags, secure with a gold twist tie and add a satin red ribbon for a finishing touch,