Rose, orange & pistachio shortbread with a rich dark chocolate glaze
Inspired by Free From week, we have created this must-try elevated version of shortbread.
They are snappy, crunchy, buttery, and perfect for snacking. Rose adds a depth of flavour, and orange zest a kick of freshness. A simple, 1-bowl recipe you can whip up in practically no time.
190 g dairy-free butter
70 g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 g plain white flour
1 tbsp orange zest
85 g cornstarch
A pinch of salt
Caster sugar to sprinkle on top
50g dark chocolate (melted)
2 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
2 tbsp orange zest
2 tbsp rose petals
- In a large bowl, mix dairy-free butter, sugar, and vanilla essence until fluffy.
- Add flour, orange zest, cornstarch, and salt.
- Use your hands to mix the dough until crumbly.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and set it aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Roll out the dough until roughly 1 cm thick and use a cookie cutter to create shapes of your choice.
- Place cookies on baking paper, sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for 25 minutes until light gold around the edges.
- Let cool, then decorate by dipping each cookie into melted chocolate and sprinkling it with pistachio nuts, orange zest, and rose petals.