Calling all edible gift givers! This tender, moist, gluten-free stollen muffin mix is the one! Flavoured with cinnamon and cardamom and studded with chunks of golden marzipan, currants, cranberries, candied peel and toasted flaked almonds - your friends and family will love receiving this this Christmas. All you need to do is add all of the dry ingredients to a jar.
So why not gift a loved one something delicious and so easy to make, using our Tala Christmas 500ml Bauble Glass Jar.
All that they need to do is add a few wet ingredients and bake.
Makes 6 big muffins.
125g gluten-free flour bend
20g ground almonds
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
50g golden caster sugar
50g light brown sugar
20g flaked almonds, toasted
20g candied peel
25g dried cranberries
50g golden marzipan
Method for you!
- Add all of the dry ingredients to your Tala Christmas jar, except for the marzipan (wrap that up as a gift alongside). Attach a gift note, with instructions to bake (below!)
Method for your lucky recipient!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line a muffin tin with 6 cakes.
- Tip the contents of the jar into a large bowl. Finely chop the marzipan and add, along with the zest of ½ a lemon and orange.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 medium egg, 100ml milk, 30ml olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir briefly until no flour streaks remain.
- Divide the batter between the cases and top with a sprinkle of pearl sugar for a sweet crunch. Bake for 22-23 minutes or until risen, golden and springy to touch.