Tala's Strawberry Jelly
300g strawberries (hulled and sliced) + extra for garnish
40g caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 gelatine leaves
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a pan with 50ml water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the liquid.
- Strain the strawberry mixture through a sieve, then add the gelatine and mix together until combined, add the lemon juice. Leave to cool for about 30 minutes and then pour evenly into the Jelly Moulds.
- Allow to set in the fridge. This should take anywhere between 3-5 hours.
- Remove the plastic base and easily release the jelly from the mould.
- Top with your choice of ice cream and sauce.