Super Easy Buttercream Icing
Using the Tala icing set, these cupcakes were super easy to ice and they look incredible. Feel free to experiment with colours, patterns and flavourings! Plus, the cupcake recipe is super light and fluffy.
Tala Icing Bag Set With 8 Nozzles
Tala Blue Stoneware Mixing Bowl
Tala Originals Dry Cook's Measure 1950s Style
125g self raising flour
125g caster sugar
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
125g soft butter (unsalted)
2 large eggs
1.5 tbsp milk + 1/4 tsp vanilla mixed
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Mix the flour, caster sugar, bicarbonate soda, butter and eggs altogether using a stand mixer or a hand-held whisk.
- Over a low speed, gradually pour in the milk/vanilla mixture, once it is all incorporated give it one last blast.
- Place 12 cases into a cupcake tray and fill the cases 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Wait for the cupcakes to cool before icing them.
150g high fat content butter, softened (not melted)
340g icing sugar
3 tbsp whole milk + 1/4 tsp vanilla mixed
- Whip the butter for 5 mins until pale and creamy.
- Then gradually add the icing sugar with the mixer on low speed.
- Once all the icing sugar has been incorporated, mix in the milk and vanilla mixture.
- Separate your buttercream into different bowls and add your chosen food colouring (preferably paste) to each bowl, mix until evenly distributed.
- Place each colour of buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a different nozzle.
- Pipe away and then enjoy!