Tala Baked Oats
New Year, New You! What better way to turn over a new leaf than by starting the day with a nutritious breakfast? Baked oats are packed full of healthy ingredients and will keep you feeling full up until lunchtime. Simply stir together and bake!
The ingredients below provide enough mixture to fill a Tala small enamel roaster. Quarter the mixture to fill two Tala ramekins. One ramekin provides a good single serving.
Experiment with different fresh or frozen fruits and add spices or chopped chocolate to taste!
200g porridge oats
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
4 free-range eggs (medium)
180g natural yoghurt
2 medium bananas, mashed
4 tbs honey
150g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Zest of one lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan (338 degrees Fahrenheit fan).
- Place the oats and baking powder into the mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the blueberries and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the mixture to the enamel roaster and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and golden on top.
- Enjoy warm for breakfast and consider taking a cold slice to work for a snack!