Tala Biscoff Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
What better way to start the year, with these extra gooey biscoff cookies. Enjoy!
● 8-10 tbsp Biscoff spread
● 125g unsalted butter (cubed and softened)
● 100g light brown sugar
● 75g caster sugar
● 1 large egg
● 250g plain flour
● 35g cocoa powder
● 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
● 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 200 g white chocolate chips
1. Spoon tablespoons of biscoff spread onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and place in the freezer for an hour.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars using an electric whisk or stand mixer.
3. Add in the egg and beat until combined.
4. Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt), and add into the mixture. Beat until a dough is formed.
5. Add in the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
6. Using the large tala scooper, scoop out cookie dough balls and place on a flat surface, this recipe makes between 8-10 large cookies.
7. Flatten each dough ball and then place one dollop of frozen Biscoff spread on each cookie. Wrap the dough around the Biscoff spread and roll into a ball, ensuring it is fully sealed. Chill the cookie dough in the freezer for at least an hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 180C fan and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
9. Place the cookies on the baking tray, leaving a space between each, however, they don’t tend to spread too much.
10. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes.
11. Before leaving them to cool, use a round cookie cutter to ‘scoot’ the cookies into the perfect circle.
12. Then, leave to cool for about 20-30 minutes on the baking tray.
Enjoy these cookies warm as the biscoff centre is best when gooey and runny!