Upside Down Peach, Pistachio & White Chocolate Picnic Tarts
These easy upside-down tarts come together in less than 30 minutes and are filled with juicy peaches, crunchy pistachios and melted white chocolate. They’re perfect for your summer picnics or outdoor get-togethers.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:14 minutes
- 300g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 8 tsp honey
- 4 very ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 75g white chocolate
- 50g pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten in a jug
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan) and line two Tala Performance Carbon Steel Baking Sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the puff pastry out into a rectangle shape that’s 35x25cm in size and roughly 0.5 cm in thickness.
- Starting from the short edge cut down the middle to make two strips. Then cut each strip into 4 evenly sized rectangles to make 8 in total. Set aside for now.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of honey on the greaseproof paper. Sprinkle a teaspoon of chopped pistachio on top, followed by 4-5 peach slices and a few squares of white chocolate. Repeat to make 8 stacks of ingredients in total spread across the baking sheets, leaving space between each.
- Lay the puff pastry rectangles on top and use your fingertips to shape it around the ingredients.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry with a fork and lightly brush the tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown. Don’t worry if the honey has leaked out underneath, this is meant to happen.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to immediately flip the tarts over. Be careful as they will be hot!
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then dust with icing sugar and enjoy!