Milkybar White Chocolate and Raspberry Mini Rolls
Makes: 18 mini rolls
Prep time: 35 mins, plus chilling time
Bake time: 10 mins
4 large eggs
100g plain flour, sifted
50g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
230g mascarpone cheese
150g fresh raspberries
50g icing sugar
150g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites into 2 separate bowls.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Add half of the caster sugar and beat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Add the remaining sugar to the egg yolks and whisk until nice and fluffy.
- Add the egg whites to the egg yolks a bit at a time and gently fold in with the help of a spatula.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and vanilla extract to the mixture and gently mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 35cm x 25cm tray, lined with greaseproof baking paper, spread it evenly with the help of a spatula then bake for 10 mins.
- Let the cake cool down completely then cut it into 2 layers with a serrated knife.
- Make the filling.
Wash and blend the raspberries. Sift them so that all seeds can be removed. Add the blended raspberries to the mascarpone cheese together with the icing sugar. Beat until combined.
- Divide the filling between the 2 cake layers and spread it around with the help of a spatula.
- Cut each cake into 9 even rectangles. Carefully roll each piece up and wrap it in clingfilm to keep the shape.
- Transfer to the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot with simmering water.
- Coat the cake rolls with the melted chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
In collaboration with Milkybar and Gabriella Morelli (@bebbasrecipes_and_ph)